Smarkets only accepts members of legal gambling age (18). We want members to enjoy the thrill and fun of gambling. We do not want anyone to suffer any hardship or cause their families or friends to suffer as a result of out of control gambling.
Smarkets will help anyone who believes they are developing a gambling problem. We will suspend accounts or impose limits on customers we believe to be showing signs of problem gambling. Smarkets, however, cannot be held responsible for the actions of its members.
Responsible Gaming Tips
For many people gambling is exciting, fun and entertaining, but if you feel you are developing a problem with gambling, here are some suggestions on how you can regain control:
Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it. You can set this on the account limits page.
- Never borrow money to gamble.
- Balance gambling with other activities.
- Don't gamble when highly stressed, depressed or intoxicated.
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses.
How to realise you have a problem
- If you are leaving your family alone for long periods of time in order to gamble.
- If you argue frequently with family or friends about spending too much time and money on gambling and find that you cannot stop or limit yourself.
- If you are gambling family money needed for housing, education, health care, food, clothing or utilities.
- When you are with your family, at work or at social events, you find that you are constantly thinking about your next bet.
If you think you have a gambling problem, you should seek help and suspend your account until you resolve your issues. For your benefit, you will not be allowed to rejoin Smarkets for a minimum of six months.
If you have any questions you can get in touch with Smarkets through our contact page, and get in touch with Gamcare at www.gamcare.org.uk or through their confidential freephone helpline 0808 8020 133.