London, UKApply Now
The Smarkets exchange is a multi-billion pound trading platform with a rapidly growing ecosystem of sophisticated users who apply financial trading techniques to the world of betting. We’re looking for a Rust developer to join our Market Making group.
Our stack is consists of dockerized applications deployed on AWS. Our code is mostly Python with Rust used for performance critical components. We embrace the modern devops culture, practicing continuous integration and deploying to production multiple times a day.
An Example project for the team:
"When pricing on our exchange it is incredibly important that we can react quickly to material events such as a goal being scored or prices shifts on the exchange.
We recently identified a source of latency in our broker interface between the core system and the exchange, that transforms a set of positions into a set of orders using the FIX protocol. We then architected and designed a new low latency component, to replace the existing python component, using a modern Rust Tokio based toolchain."
We are looking for a Rust Developer who will be working on the following key areas for the team:
- Implementing, testing, shipping and monitoring low latency trading systems in Rust
- Writing components that heavily interface with existing Python code
- Working closely with our pricing team, to architect and design low latency systems
- Defining your role in the context of self management (we'll help you with this)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar STEM subject.
- Proven experience in developing on open source or commercial codebases in Rust
- Strong coding, being able to write efficient and performant code in any OO or Functional language
- Solid Linux and scripting skills (bash, python – or similar)
- Experience working in a trading environment
- Functional programming experience
- Python experience
- Some knowledge in statistics, econometrics or statistical learning
- Database querying knowledge (PostgreSQL)
This is a full-time job based at our office in Tower Hill, London.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
Smarkets is an equal opportunities employer and takes active steps to prevent bias and discrimination in our interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.