Come work at one of the most exciting betting startups in London, and join a fast-growing team.
- £500 conference budget of your choice
- Flat management structure
- Flexible work environment
- What does Smarkets do?
- Smarkets is a betting technology company based in London. We offer betting markets primarily on sports but also elections and other public interest markets.
- Why does Smarkets matter?
- Betting is an activity that has been done for thousands of years but surprisingly in 2015 it’s still poorly presented to consumers. The average margin for a sports book is around 10%. That means for every £100 you bet, you lose £10 to the house. However, today, betting should be treated like a commodity because it is one. The margin of betting should be closer to 1%. We are working to use technology to make this a reality.
- Why work at Smarkets?
- Smarkets is one of the few startups in betting. The industry has high barriers to entry. We have the capability to really shake things up because our competitors outsource their tech. Technology is front and centre to everything we do here. The company was founded by two computer science graduates. We believe that the best solution for betting begins with better technology.
- Did you say flat management structure?
- Yes! We believe the best way to scale a technology company is to let developers get on with what they think is most important. Salaries are set by peer review. You are free to work on whatever you wish.
- Who are your competitors?
- Betfair is our main competitor but every sports book in the world is as well.
Recruitment Agencies: This page is only for potential candidates. Smarkets does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.